I am a 5th year PhD student in Computer Science at School of Interactive Computing of Georgia Institute of Technology. I work with my advisor Professor Wei Xu. Before that, I was a PhD student at Computer Science and Engineering department of The Ohio State University. I obtained M.S. degree in Computer Science from University of Virginia and B.S. degree from the School of Electrical and Information Engineering at Tianjin University.
I mainly work on Natural Language Processing (NLP). I am interested in semantic understanding and crowd-sourcing annotation. Previously, I also did some research on representation learning for NLP with Professor Kai-Wei Chang.
- One paper is accepted at Fingings of ACL 2023. Big thanks to my co-authors and our advisors!
- Two papers are accepted at EMNLP2022. Big thanks to my co-authors and my advisor!
- A long paper for monolingual word alignment is accepted at ACL2021.
- We released the complete version of Wiki-Auto dataset.
- We released the checkpoints of BERT model fine-tuned on the Newsela-Manual and Wiki-Manual datasets.
- Frustratingly Easy Label Projection for Cross-lingual Transfer
Yang Chen, Chao Jiang, Alan Ritter, Wei Xu
Findings of ACL 2023
- arXivEdits: Understanding the Human Revision Process in Scientific Writing
Chao Jiang, Wei Xu, Samuel Stevens
[3-minute video on Youtube]
- Improving Large-scale Paraphrase Acquisition and Generation
Yao Dou, Chao Jiang, Wei Xu
- Neural semi-Markov CRF for Monolingual Word Alignment
Wuwei Lan*, Chao Jiang*, Wei Xu (* indicates equal contribution.)
ACL 2021 (Oral Presentation)
[video on Youtube]
- Neural CRF Model for Sentence Alignment in Text Simplification
Chao Jiang, Mounica Maddela, Wuwei Lan, Yang Zhong, Wei Xu
[video on Youtube]
- Discourse Level Factors for Sentence Deletion in Text Simplification
Yang Zhong, Chao Jiang, Wei Xu, Junyi Jessy Li
AAAI 2020 (Oral Presentation)
[slides by Yang Zhong]
- Learning Word Embeddings for Low-Resource Languages by PU Learning
Chao Jiang, Hsiang-Fu Yu, Cho-Jui Hsieh, Kai-Wei Chang
NAACL-HLT 2018 (Oral Presentation)
Program committee / Reviewer: ACL (2020, 2019), AAAI (2020), COLING (2020)