I am a third-year PhD student in Computer Science at School of Interactive Computing of Georgia Institute of Technology. I am fortunate to work with my advisor Professor Wei Xu. Before that, I was a PhD student at Computer Science and Engineering department of The Ohio State University. I obtained M.S. degree in Computer Science from University of Virginia and B.S. degree from the School of Electrical and Information Engineering at Tianjin University.
I mainly work on Natural Language Processing (NLP). I am interested in semantic understanding and crowd-sourcing annotation. Previously, I also did some research on representation learning for NLP with Professor Kai-Wei Chang.
- We are releasing the complete version of Wiki-Auto dataset.
- We released the checkpoints of BERT model fine-tuned on the Newsela-Manual and Wiki-Manual datasets.
- Neural CRF Model for Sentence Alignment in Text Simplification
Chao Jiang, Mounica Maddela, Wuwei Lan, Yang Zhong, Wei Xu
[video on Youtube]
- Discourse Level Factors for Sentence Deletion in Text Simplification
Yang Zhong, Chao Jiang, Wei Xu, Junyi Jessy Li
AAAI 2020 (Oral Presentation)
- Learning Word Embeddings for Low-Resource Languages by PU Learning
Chao Jiang, Hsiang-Fu Yu, Cho-Jui Hsieh, Kai-Wei Chang
NAACL-HLT 2018 (Oral Presentation)
Program committee / Reviewer: ACL (2020, 2019), AAAI (2020), COLING (2020)