I am a third-year PhD student in Computer Science at School of Interactive Computing of Georgia Institute of Technology. I am fortunate to work with my advisor Professor Wei Xu. Before that, I was a PhD student at Computer Science and Engineering department of The Ohio State University. I obtained M.S. degree in Computer Science from University of Virginia and B.S. degree from the School of Electrical and Information Engineering at Tianjin University.
I mainly work on Natural Language Processing (NLP). I am interested in semantic understanding and crowd-sourcing annotation. Previously, I also did some research on representation learning for NLP with Professor Kai-Wei Chang.
- I am very excited to join the BETTER project with researchers from Brown University and University of Pennsylvania to develop techniques that can better extract and retrieve information across multiple languages and problem domains.
- We released the complete version of Wiki-Auto dataset.
- We released the checkpoints of BERT model fine-tuned on the Newsela-Manual and Wiki-Manual datasets.
- Neural CRF Model for Sentence Alignment in Text Simplification
Chao Jiang, Mounica Maddela, Wuwei Lan, Yang Zhong, Wei Xu
[video on Youtube]
- Discourse Level Factors for Sentence Deletion in Text Simplification
Yang Zhong, Chao Jiang, Wei Xu, Junyi Jessy Li
AAAI 2020 (Oral Presentation)
- Learning Word Embeddings for Low-Resource Languages by PU Learning
Chao Jiang, Hsiang-Fu Yu, Cho-Jui Hsieh, Kai-Wei Chang
NAACL-HLT 2018 (Oral Presentation)
Program committee / Reviewer: ACL (2020, 2019), AAAI (2020), COLING (2020)